Mushymen Staff

From Thorium Mod Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mushymen StaffHardmode exclusive
  • Mushymen Staff item sprite
Stack digit 1.png
Damage25 (Summon)
Knockback6 (Average)
Use time36 (Very Slow)
TooltipSummons a spear throwing mush-man
Spears have a chance to infect the hit target with mycelium
Grants BuffMushroom Army.pngMushroom Army
Buff tooltipCommand the forces of Fungus!
Inflicts DebuffFungal Growth.pngFungal Growth
Debuff duration1.5 seconds
Debuff tooltipThis target is infected with mycelium
Inflicts DebuffPoisoned.pngPoisoned
Debuff duration10–20 seconds
Debuff tooltipSlowly losing life
Inflicts DebuffAcid Venom.pngPoisoned
Debuff duration5–10 seconds
Debuff tooltipLosing life
RarityRarity Level: 5
Sell50000*5 Gold Coin.png
Research1 required
Dropped by
Entity Quantity Rate
Mycelium Mimic 1 25%
Summons Minion

The Mushymen Staff was a Hardmode summon weapon that was dropped by Mycelium Mimic at a (25% or 1/4 chance). When used, it summoned a Mushman minion that followed the player and attacked enemies via a ranged spear attack. The spear attacks inflicted the Fungal Growth debuff on contact. Spears also had a 66.7% (2/3) chance to inflict the Poisoned debuff for 10–20 seconds, and a 33.3% (1/3) chance to inflict the Acid Venom debuff for 5–10 seconds. One of the two was always inflicted. Like other minions, the summoned Mushman was invincible and followed the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player died, summoned a replacement minion, or cancelled the buff.

Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Mushymen Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.


  • This minion had a rather large knockback compared to other minions, even over its counterpart to the Pygmy Staff.


  • Each time a Mushman was summoned, it had a random one of four sprite graphics as they were functionally identical.
  • The Mushman catched up to fast-moving players by flying while sitting on its spear.
  • The Mushmen's behavior and looks resembled that of the summons from the Pygmy Staff.


  • Removed.
    • Projectile speed increased by 50%.
    • Detection range increased by 40%.
    • Reduced the duration of Acid Venom from 10–20 seconds to 5–10 seconds.
    • Minion spear sprite updated.
    • Minion spear no longer pierces.
  • Damage decreased from 28 to 25.
  • Introduced.