|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||36 (Very Slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons a beholder to reveal and vaporize nearby enemies|
Occupies two minion slots
|Buff tooltip||The beholder will give sight of and eradicate your foes|
|Treasure Bag(Fallen Beholder)||1||28.57%|
The Beholder Staff is a Hardmode summon weapon that is obtained from the Fallen Beholder. It spawns a Mini Beholder to fire energy projectiles at enemies from afar. In addition, having a Mini Beholder summoned will highlight all enemies onscreen with a red light, similar to the effects of the Hunter Potion. Like other minions, summoned Mini Beholders are invincible and follow the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff. Additionally, Mini Beholders cost 2 minion slots each to summon.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Beholder Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
- Mini Beholder attacks pierce, making this a strong weapon against segmented enemies like The Destroyer.
- The player must invest in items that increase the number of Minion slots available in order to use this weapon.
- This item is one of five (the others being the Viscount's Cane, Taboo Wand, Steamgunner Controller and Ember Staff) Summon weapons that have a minimum requirement to use, requiring 2 minion slots to summon 1 of its minion.
- 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated.
- Is no longer Expert Mode exclusive.
- Sprite updated.
- 22.214.171.124: Buffed damage from 38 to 44.
- 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Pages using duplicate arguments in template calls
- Items of rarity 5
- Weapon items
- Hardmode-only items
- Summon weapons