|Type||Mini-boss – Undead Enemy|
|AI Type||Illusionist AI|
|Duration||5 seconds10 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Decreased light vision|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
How I got kidnapped in the first place? One of their guys had crazy illusion magic, had me convinced I was being brought in to help install some new lighting!
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer or its upgrades, with a rarity of 5.
While the Illusionist is alive, the music Stronger Foe will play.
The Illusionist does not spawn on its own; to summon it, the player must locate a Peculiar Mirror, which spawns rarely anywhere in the Dungeon if the Illusionist has not been defeated yet. The Peculiar Mirror displays the message: "Before you sits a rather strange mirror... Something seems to be calling out from it?"; clicking the 'Touch' option breaks the mirror and summons the Illusionist.
The Illusionist will remain stationary, periodically teleporting to a new location in range of the player. It will occasionally fire an Illusion Glass at the player, which will travel through tiles and damage the player, inflicting the Darkness debuff. It will also summon 2 Illusionist's Mirrors, which will orbit around the Illusionist and attempt to deflect attacks back at the player, causing them to take damage.
Everytime the Illusionist is brought to 1 health, it will shatter into glass, then after a period of time teleport back fully healed and with an additional Decoy. This repeats twice, ending with 2 Decoys that are invulnerable and behave and attack like the original Illusionist. Additionally, after the second time this occurs, the Illusionist will occasionally pause to charge an attack for 2 seconds before unleashing a barrage of magic glass shards at the player.
When the Illusionist is defeated, a status message will appear, saying: "The enigmatic Illusionist shatters into pieces..."
- If you log out while the Illusionist has spawned, it will despawn like normal enemies.
- Only the true Illusionist has glowing eyes, making it the easiest way to differentiate it from its decoys.
- The Illusionist's fake and true death animations are references to Dark Mind, the final boss of the game Kirby & The Amazing Mirror.
- The design of the Peculiar Mirror is also based on the appearance of the mirror doors used throughout the game.
- Updated effects for spawning and phase changes.
- Reduced maximum health to 500 / 1000, but is now split across 3 health bars for a total of 1500 / 3000 health.
- Sprites updated.
- Changed spawning from naturally to being summoned with a Peculiar Mirror.
- Nerfed maximum life from 1500 / 3000 to 1250 / 2500.
- Nerfed Illusionist's Mirror spinning speed greatly.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced.