|AI Type||Star Scouter AI|
|Damage||40 / 80|
|Max Life||8,000 / 10,000|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
One should take proper precautions before contacting the unknown...
While the Star Scouter is alive, its exclusive music Interplanetary Harbinger will play.
The Star Scouter flies above the player, launching an array of lasers, beams and energy ball attacks that have varying attributes. Additionally, an eye-like core sits in the center of the Star Scouter and serves to telegraph a variety of attacks.
- The Star Scouter releases a large purple laser blast that explodes upon contact with a tile.
- At 90% life, the Star Scouter's eye-core begins to periodically take on a downward pulsing animation and target a nearby player. After a short delay, the Star Scouter will hover just above the player and shoot a large, high damage, laser beam that releases two waves on either side of the impact zone. While performing this attack, the Star Scouter will take massively increased damage from melee strikes, indicated by a sword symbol hovering above the boss.
- At 70% life, the Star Scouter's eye-core begins to periodically take on a plasma ball animation and release a player-homing 'Graviton Surge'.
- At 60% life, the Star Scouter begins to release three super fast beams instead of firing off its normal large purple laser blast.
- At 50% life, the Star Scouter begins to release slowly falling energy balls that explode upon tile contact, releasing damaging energy in 8 directions.
- At 20% life, the Star Scouter again fires its large purple laser blast after the three beams.
In Expert Mode
- Upon reaching 33% life, the Star Scouter's eye-core takes on a 'buffering' animation. During this time, the Star Scouter becomes invulnerable but passive as it summons the Scouter Cores to attack nearby players. Upon defeating the Scouter Cores, the Star Scouter loses its invulnerability and resume its attacks at a quicker pace than before.
|Expert Mode only|
|Upon reaching 33% health|
- Attempting to hide from the direct sight of the Star Scouter will dramatically increase the frequency of Graviton Surge blasts.
- For an in depth guide on strategies plus equipment and arena recommendations, see Guide:Star Scouter strategies.
- One of the names of the Star Scouter's attacks, "Graviton Surge", is a reference to the character Zarya's ultimate of the same name from the online shooter game Overwatch.
- 18.104.22.168: Now drops Roboboe.
- 22.214.171.124: Buffed defense from 10 to 12.
- 126.96.36.199: Nerfed defense from 20 to 10.
- 188.8.131.52: Fixed dome piece and laser cannon being absent in Normal Mode.
- Boss encounter reworked with new visuals, sprites, and some changed fight mechanics.
- Increased damage from 35 / 70 to 40 / 80.
- Decreased life in Normal Mode from 8200 to 8000 and defense from 25 to 20.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced.